[uf-discuss] hCalendar spec- no specification included!

Andy Mabbett andy at pigsonthewing.org.uk
Tue Oct 17 12:47:31 PDT 2006

In message <015201c6f199$23c9b5f0$2102fea9 at Guides.local>, Mike Schinkel
<mikeschinkel at gmail.com> writes

>others have
>said that they (think newbies would be) interested in authoring, not the
>specification and I concur.

I don't think anyone has said that. I certainly don't think people
should be encouraged to begin authoring before first understanding what
the are nad are not "allowed" to do (unless by "authoring" you mean
"fill in a form and let a machine do the authoring for you")

At the very least they should be given the option of reading the spec
before they begin authoring - as is NOT the case with hCalendar, at
present.

>What if we use a convention that the entry page (i.e.
>http://microformats.org/wiki/hcard) would be an index into a list of
>(psuedo) standardized sub pages so that it would be very people to find what
>is important to them.

Reasonable, but it needs some content, so as not to appear dry and
unwelcoming.

> For example, is a list of potential sub pages:
[...]
>* Brainstorming (might be combined w/Discussion)

Once they standard is set, the brainstorming (and related examples) is
only of archival interest.

I note that your list does not include an explanation of Semantic
XHTML...

--
Andy Mabbett
                Say "NO!" to compulsory ID Cards:  <http://www.no2id.net/>