[uf-discuss] hResume - Marking up experience and "present" date

Ciaran McNulty mail at ciaranmcnulty.com
Wed Oct 18 06:29:37 PDT 2006

> Is this a correct way of marking this up? Are there better options? I
> want to make sure I have the uses of hCard and hCalendar correct,
> with regards to hResume.

In iCal (and therefore presumably hCal), the following rule applies
for events that lack a DTEND or DURATION:

"For
   cases where a "VEVENT" calendar component specifies a "DTSTART"
   property with a DATE data type but no "DTEND" property, the events
   non-inclusive end is the end of the calendar date specified by the
   "DTSTART" property. For cases where a "VEVENT" calendar component
   specifies a "DTSTART" property with a DATE-TIME data type but no
   "DTEND" property, the event ends on the same calendar date and time
   of day specified by the "DTSTART" property."
http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2445.txt

Therefore your markup would therefore have an implicit DTEND at the
end of 15th Dec 2005, by my reading of the spec.

Unfortunately I don't think ISO8061 has a way of representing 'now' -
the only thing I could suggest would be that you set it equal to the
document's publication date, maybe using PHP as you suggest.

-Ciaran McNulty