title attribute and abbreviated classnames(Was:[uf-discuss]Currency Quickpoll: Preliminary results)

Ciaran McNulty mail at ciaranmcnulty.com
Thu Oct 19 09:18:06 PDT 2006

On 10/19/06, Brian Suda <brian.suda at gmail.com> wrote:
> I personally like this idea:
> class="amount">5.99</span></span>
>
> It has worked well for ADR, TEL, EMAIL in hCard and is also being
> explored for UIDs.

I like that idea too, there've been a few similar variations suggested
and they seem the right general approach.

I think it would also make sense to add some rules that could compact
the markup in common cases.

For instance, we could introduce the implied optimisation that if
there is no explicit 'amount' then the amount could be taken to be
everything inside the 'money' that isn't the 'currency'.

i.e. <span class="money"><abbr class="currency"
title="USD">$</abbr>5.99</span> would be equivalent to your example
above.

That would simplify the markup in a large number of the cases, and I
don't think would complicate the parsing *too* much.

-Ciaran McNulty