[uf-discuss] hCard URL for page being visited

Andy Mabbett andy at pigsonthewing.org.uk
Sat Oct 21 08:29:18 PDT 2006

I seem to remember mentioning this before, but can't find where I did
so, nor any responses.

It seems to me that there should be some way to say that the URL of an
hCard or hCalendar event is the URL of the page itself, without having
to include a redundant, and accessibility-damaging link to that page, on
the page itself.

Or has anyone already devised a way to do this?

The URL of the visited page can be available, in a Dublin Core metadata
header, thus:

or could be auto-discovered by a parsing agent.

One solution might be to have, say:

were the latter class value declares that the URL of the visited page is
to be included.

(I'll put this on the relevant issue pages on the 'wiki')

--
Andy Mabbett
                Say "NO!" to compulsory ID Cards:  <http://www.no2id.net/>

                Free Our Data:  <http://www.freeourdata.org.uk>