[uf-discuss] hCard URL for page being visited

Ciaran McNulty mail at ciaranmcnulty.com
Sun Oct 22 08:30:17 PDT 2006

On 10/22/06, Andy Mabbett <andy at pigsonthewing.org.uk> wrote:
> Thank you. That's probably the best fix for the situation I describe;
> but it does require a change to the page, which is not supposed to be
> required by uFs.
>
> >One of the key factors in microformats is to keep the data visible
>
> URL-of-current-page is a unique case, because the URL us already visible
> to the user, in the address bar (or whatever) of their browser, and
> known to any parsing user-agent.

The problem, in my opinion, is that none of those are really part of
the actual document itself.

Consider a scenario where someone has saved a page locally, or is
viewing it through a cache such as Google's, it'd be a mistake to
infer the URL as C:\Temp\whatever, for instance.

These are edge cases, but worth thinking about.

-Ciaran McNulty