[uf-discuss] hCard URL for page being visited

Mike Linksvayer ml at creativecommons.org
Sun Oct 22 17:19:14 PDT 2006

On Sun, 2006-10-22 at 12:17 +0000, Brian Suda wrote:
> is the same as:

Really?

http://microformats.org/wiki/hcard#Human_vs._Machine_readable seems to
say only the first has a value, the second may be unspecified as it
doesn't have a href or src attribute (though it may just be
underspecified, or I may be unable to read between the lines).

http://microformats.org/wiki/existing-classes says class="url" is "Used
in <a>" and doesn't mention another use.

Is 'if (class="url") value = href || content' specified or implied
somewhere I've missed?

On second thought, I think what you've said is

  if (element_expects_href) value = href else value = content

And I suppose hcard#Human_vs._Machine_readable can be squared with that,
but perhaps existing-classes should mention it?

Apologies for including understanding-in-progress above; perhaps it will
help things make sense for someone else.

--
  http://wiki.creativecommons.org/User:Mike_Linksvayer