[uf-discuss] Visible Data...a Microformat requirement?

Benjamin West bewest at gmail.com
Mon Oct 23 11:00:48 PDT 2006

> So, what if your take on this problem and use-case?

Search engines make use of shingles to identify pages and their
aliases. Some search engines employ teams of editors and solicit
feedback from the web community to ensure their aliasing techniques
are correct.  As far as I can tell, this isn't in the same class of
problems that microformats solve.

This probably best resolved by agreeing what we mean by metadata, as
the scope of definition and contents of that term seem to be somewhat
disputed and/or misunderstood as well as the scope of the problem
space of microformats.