[uf-discuss] Size considerations and other property-names for "species"

Charles Roper charles.roper at gmail.com
Tue Oct 24 01:25:21 PDT 2006

On 23/10/06, Andy Mabbett <andy at pigsonthewing.org.uk> wrote:
> >I've yet to
> >see an example that uses the term binomial as a class name in markup.
>
> I've always used "sci", for binominal ands sub-species' names. There has
> been some comment here, which I've happily accepted, that that wouldn't
> be a good property name for a uF.

Yes, I've had a look and can see examples of your use of "sci" on the
examples page [1]. These instances you would replace with "binomial"
(when the species uF is finalised) as the feeling here is that "sci"
is too generic. Have I got that right?

Putting aside your own markup for a moment, have you seen it being
used anywhere else?

--
Charles Roper
www.charlesroper.co.uk