[uf-discuss] Visible Data...a Microformat requirement?

Mike Schinkel mikeschinkel at gmail.com
Thu Oct 26 01:07:40 PDT 2006

>> Your always welcome to use HTML class name semantics or other
microformat-inspired technologies in your private applications. However,
that is a different thing that calling it a "microformat"  and engaging this
whole group in vetting and supporting it. If you think this could be a great
solution to an existing problem, I encourage to just go ahead and implement
it.  As long as you don't call it a microformat, feel free to experiment.
:-)

Well, why I'd prefer not to "go it alone" is for the very fact of not having
the whole group in vet and support it...

-Mike

Your always welcome to use HTML class name semantics or other
microformat-inspired technologies in your private applications.
However, that is a different thing that calling it a "microformat"
and engaging this whole group in vetting and supporting it.

If you think this could be a great solution to an existing problem, I
encourage to just go ahead and implement it.  As long as you don't call it a
microformat, feel free to experiment. :-)

- Ernie P.