[uf-discuss] Visible Data...a Microformat requirement?

Mike Schinkel mikeschinkel at gmail.com
Thu Oct 26 01:17:41 PDT 2006

Kevin:

Thanks. That maybe solves this use case.   Can you do the same using <link>
in the <head> in case you don't want the hyperlink visible?  Or what about
on a <div> within <body>? And do you know if the search engines pay any
attention to this?

>> A possibly better way to do this would be to redirect at the HTTP level,
so http://www.software-info.org/wikis/platforms/ returns a 301 redirect to
http://www.wiki-info.org/platforms/linux/php/

In my hypothetical (and my prior actual), I wanted both of them to be
accessible. But if a search engine was only going to index one, I want it to
be the more specific one.  Otherwise, the 301 would be a nobrainer.

-Mike