[uf-discuss] how do i submit something for consideration?

Jonathan Vanasco microformats at 2xlp.com
Thu Oct 26 12:37:27 PDT 2006

Hi.

I've recently soft-launched a distributed identity webapp that I've
split out of another project, and released several aspects of that
application as open standards ( Creative Commons Attribution-No
Derivative Works 2.5 License )

I don't know how / where to submit it for potential consideration as
a microformat , or even if they qualify ( one supports human
readable , but is geared to be machine readable ; the other is more
of an interchange format , but works well as semantic markup ) - so I
came here.

The summaries:

	findmeon
		design:
			essentially a subset of XML-DSIG with some FOAF / XFN semantics
tossed in , and coerced to validate in XHTML strict
			designed for machine readability , but supports human readability
(90% of content would usually be hidden though)
			unfortunately must support a non-standard 'compressed' url-
encoding to let it clear as validated text on several social networks
and forum software ( required because certain tags/attributes were
often stripped )
		usage:
			openly claim / verify / link multiple websites together via RSA
1024 public key pairings within a distributed self-sufficient framework
			hopefully will end proprietary 'i own this blog/whatever' codes
			designed so that resources do not need to know about one another
or a central server in order to be linked/verified by a public key
			originated from: a need to map artist/label/venue/etc information
on a music site to official sites / online profiles ; map users of a
music site onto other sites for verifiability in trading concert
tickets or making online requests / contest entries
		specification status:
			the current release works as it should, so any feedback/changes
would be merged into a future release

	open_sn
		design:
			a dirty dirty hack
			standardizes the most common social network / dating site / online
account profile fields that do not natively appear in existing
specifications
			its really quite a bad 'standard' -- but it serves its purpose
			primarily designed as an interchange format, but works pretty well
in terms of semantic markup
		usage:
			mostly an interchange format for migrating data between accounts
		specification status:
			very much open for immediate improvement / replacement.  its a
dirty dirty hack.

	The full text / description of both standards are available at
http://findmeon.org

	I'd welcome any feedback.

Thanks,
// Jonathan Vanasco