[uf-discuss] Internet Explorer 8.0 will support microformats

Chris Messina chris.messina at gmail.com
Mon Oct 30 12:46:14 PST 2006

How does GRDDL (Gleaning Resource Descriptions from Dialects of
Languages) play into this?

XDMP (XHTML Meta Data Profiles) does seem a part of this...

http://dannyayers.com/2005/08/01/microformats-on-the-grddl/

And I'd watch the Live Clipboard work to get a sense for how they
intend to implement support for microformats (including which ones).

Just like any other XML spec, certainly they're likely to pick and
choose more stable formats, but at the same time, their underlying RSS
architecture in Vista should be useful in leveraging microformatted
content delivered in RSS.

Chris