[uf-discuss] "rel-" uFs : still draft after all this time?

Charles Iliya Krempeaux supercanadian at gmail.com
Mon Oct 30 13:42:19 PST 2006

Hello,

On 10/30/06, Andy Mabbett <andy at pigsonthewing.org.uk> wrote:
> In message <8CFDDBE8-9145-41F9-91B8-FE12011F1F5F at technorati.com>, Ryan
> King <ryan at technorati.com> writes
>
> >> The 'wiki' page on rel-enclosure:
> >>
> >>          <http://microformats.org/wiki/rel-enclosure>
> >>
> >> say that its spec (sic) is a draft, as of 2005-06-21
> >>
> >> Is that still the case and, if so, has nothing changed in over a year?
> >
> >Actually, no, not much has changed. rel-enclosure doesn't have a lot
> >of publishers or implementations.
>
> There seems to be a chicken/ egg situation in that.

Just from my experience, the issue of how pre-fetching relates to
enclosures needs alot of work.  (It's not just for the rel-enclosure
Microformat... but enclosurs in RSS and Atom too.)

Enclosures are just things that a "part of" that thing.  It says
nothing about pre-fetching.

However... many things take an "enclosure" to mean: prefetch this.

Some things, however, should be downloaded at the last possible
minute.  (Even if that are "part of" that thing.)

See ya

--
    Charles Iliya Krempeaux, B.Sc.

    charles @ reptile.ca