[uf-discuss] Mailing list debate moved & new proposal

John Allsopp john at westciv.com
Tue Oct 31 18:53:14 PST 2006

Andy,

On 01/11/2006, at 9:04 AM, Andy Mabbett wrote:

> That may be technically possible, but it's not going to appeal to the
> people I referred to in my earlier post:
>
>         For example, several academic and professional taxonomists
> have
>         told me in e-mail that they would be interested in the species
>         proposal, (and one astronomer, likewise, for mars/ luna),
> but do
>         not have the time to follow a general mailing list; indeed, a
>         couple asked me specifically if I would set up a separate
>         mailing list for the subject.
>
> How do you suggest that we engage such people?

I reiterate my suggestion for a "modern" forum like BBPress, where
you can subscribe via RSS to individual threads, where threads can be
tagged, where searching is much less of a pain than with a mailing
list ...

But that didn't elicit any interest.

I know several people, who have quite a bit of interest in ufs, but
who just won't subscribe to mailing lists. This poses a real
difficulty with the uf process

"post something to the microformats-discuss (http://microformats.org/
mailman/listinfo/microformats-discuss/) mailing list or any other
public channel (see http://microformats.org/discuss/)"[1]

As I'm not really sure there is an appropriate "any other public
channel" (does a blog count?)

[1]http://microformats.org/wiki/process#Why.3F

john

John Allsopp