[uf-discuss] hAtom implementation questions

Chris Messina chris.messina at gmail.com
Sat Sep 9 11:21:21 PDT 2006

On 9/9/06, Stephanie Booth (bunny) <bunnylists+microformats at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm in the process of re-doing my blog template, and using hAtom
> (through the sandbox theme for wordpress) to do so.
>
> I have two questions, for types of entry content that are not included
> in the sandbox theme:
>
> - tags: are they to be marked up just like categories? tags and
> categories aren't the same, and I think it's a pity to lose that
> distinction

Tantek will tell you, as will the rest of us, that Categories and Tags
are actually pretty much the same thing, even if you want a different
interface to deal with them. Therefore, rel-tag is the recommended
microformat for categories.

> - post excerpt in another language: my blog being bilingual, I head my
> posts with a short summary which is not written in the post language,
> and identified by a lang attribute. However, I feel a bit
> uncomfortable using entry-summary on it as it is in a different
> language.

This one I have no idea on. I know that using the lang attribute is
part of it, but I dunno about duplicating bilingual content on the
same page.

Chris