[uf-discuss] does hatom for comments make sense?

Karl Dubost karl at w3.org
Mon Sep 11 23:47:35 PDT 2006

Le 12 sept. 06 à 14:13, Chris Messina a écrit :
> How would you handle nested comments like in Digg for example?
>
> Just curious how that fits into the model -- I suppose it would map to
> what you described?

nested comments = threading.
there is all we need in hatom (atom) to do that.

Just think that a comment is "a weblog post about a weblog post"

uri1  <--- comment-x/uri2 about uri1
            <--- comment-xa/uri5 about uri2
            <--- comment-xb/uri6 about uri2
       <--- comment-y/uri3 about uri1
       <--- comment-z/uri4 about uri1

It is just a question of having the right *atomic* model.
and to make individual statements about things.
Then the application layer is above.

   QA Weblog - http://www.w3.org/QA/
      *** Be Strict To Be Cool ***