[uf-discuss] Social Media Group?

Scott Reynen scott at randomchaos.com
Thu Sep 14 16:45:45 PDT 2006

On Sep 14, 2006, at 5:05 PM, Brian Suda wrote:

> Microformats are an open process. One of the many points about
> documenting your work on the wiki is so that others can see it,
> comment on it, add to it. Going off and working on anything alone is
> not condusive to an open community. If you don't feel like using the
> wiki (which is ashame) it is important that all of your steps are
> documents and open for others to comment on, add to, etc.

I agree with Brian, but I wonder if there isn't a disconnect here
regarding what we mean when we talk about "microformat-related
work."  I first assumed that referred to work in developing
microformats, which, as Brian said, is either an open process or not
really a microformat.  But it could also refer to work around
microformats, e.g. X2V, Tails, user stylesheets, etc.  No one is
documenting the latter until they're ready to use.  I'm not sure
which Lucas was talking about.

Peace,
Scott