[uf-discuss] Proposal: species

Brian Suda brian.suda at gmail.com
Sat Sep 16 10:10:36 PDT 2006

be aware, about 6 months ago there was also a discussion of starting a
planet species microformat. I think a more generalised version is
better, but have a read through the thread[1] so you do not make the
same mistakes and reuse any previous findings.

-brian

[1] - http://microformats.org/discuss/mail/microformats-discuss/2006-March/003347.html

On 9/16/06, Tantek Çelik <tantek at cs.stanford.edu> wrote:
> On 9/16/06 6:45 AM, "Andy Mabbett" <andy at pigsonthewing.org.uk> wrote:
>

> > There should, I believe, be a microformat for the markup of plant and
> > animal names, to include their scientific names.
>
> Sounds interesting Andy.
>
> Could you start by finding real-world examples on the Web with URLs and
> documenting them on species-examples page?
>
>  http://microformats.org/wiki/species-examples
>
> Please also review http://microformats.org/wiki/process for next steps.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Tantek