[uf-discuss] Dated currency examples?

Joe Andrieu joe at andrieu.net
Sun Sep 24 16:37:16 PDT 2006

Andy Mabbett writes
> No; but then again neither am I only interested in serving
> the hypothetical interests of "mega-corporations".
>
> (Organisations who, for all we know, might be strongly
> against allowing easy currency conversion on pages they've
> tailored to - and discounted for - a specific locale).

Andy,

Your political bias is not an appropriate foundation for discussing
microformats. The web exists. Web pages exists. Microformats are designed to
support the majority (actually 80%) of the existing use cases on the web.
"Pave the cow paths."  It isn't relevant how those web pages came to be, who
built them, or who profits from them.

If your argument is that mega-corporations are bad and therefore we
shouldn't support mega-corporations, then I encourage you to find a
political venue for your interests instead of a technical one.

-j

--
Joe Andrieu
joe at andrieu.net