[uf-discuss] XOXO-2-OPML LazyWeb Request
brian.suda at gmail.com
Mon Sep 25 06:14:30 PDT 2006
As most folks have some sort of Blogroll (hopefully marked-up with XFN
and XOXO). I have begun to look into easily converting those into
OPML. I've only worked with OPML for a day now and it has left a sour
taste in my mouth!!! So i never want to write OPML again, instead i
want to write happy XOXO and build (if needed) OPML from that.
I went and started in on an XSLT and web service to convert any
HTML page with XOXO into OPML. It isn't perfect, and makes use of the
"Special Properties" section of the XOXO spec - so if you find
issues/errors/problems/ideas let me know.
I have tested it on my own site*, but now i envoke the Power of Lazy Web!
I am looking for Folks to do two things:
1) run their XOXO files through the web sevice and see if they get the
expected OPML back
1a) which blog platform are you using (if any)
2) document which NewsReaders/OS correctly consume the OPML.
2a) does the RSS reader do 'auto-discovery'? meaning if i send it a
link to the blog homepage, does it extract the RSS correctly from the
I have started a wiki page with a simple structure to let others add
their information too.
 - http://microformats.org/wiki/xoxo
 - http://microformats.org/wiki/xoxo#Special_Properties
 - http://suda.co.uk/projects/microformats/xoxo/
 - http://microformats.org/wiki/xoxo-opml-issues
* - i am aware that not everything in my XOXO list is a feed - some
NewsReaders Ignore them, some try to fetch something and just fail.
More information about the microformats-discuss