[uf-discuss] Dated currency examples?

Andy Mabbett andy at pigsonthewing.org.uk
Mon Sep 25 12:04:04 PDT 2006

In message <5E71FC52-B250-4B0B-A817-0D10C798614C at lava.net>, Colin
Barrett <timber at lava.net> writes

>> In message <000b01c6e032$5fb71b20$0201a8c0 at andrieuhome>, Joe Andrieu
>> <joe at andrieu.net> writes
>>
>>> Andy,
>>>
>>> Your political bias is
>>
>> ...in your imagination.
>
>Andy, it seems to me that you've come increasingly more hostile to
>members of this list in the past few days.

I'm not hostile to anybody.

> Maybe you should take a  break and cool down?

I'm quite cool already, thank you.

>I know it's making me weary of reading this list  when I know that I
>will see a negative or flippant comment from you.

Oh dear.

>  It came across to Joe (and myself, and probably others, although I
>can't speak for them) that you were speaking politically when you made
>that post.

I'm not responsible for your lack of understanding.

> You are obviously a political person (from your signature)  -- as are
>many of us. However, this is a technical forum: not a  political forum
>or for the personal discussions that often arise  therein.

My sig is irrelevant to the matter under discussion, and the point I
made was not political - try reading it again.

>Please, instead of just saying "No, you're wrong, it wasn't
>political." Please try to explain what you meant,

I meant:

        neither am I only interested in serving the hypothetical
        interests of "mega-corporations".

        (Organisations who, for all we know, might be strongly against
        allowing easy currency conversion on pages they've tailored to -
        and discounted for - a specific locale).

>and how it could be  interpreted in a non-political way.

I can't see how it can be interpreted in a political way; and I'm
certainly not in the futile business of trying to prove negatives.

>I'm sure we can all behave like  the mature, intelligent adults we are
>here.

I'll be glad when some individuals start to, certainly.
--
Andy Mabbett
                Say "NO!" to compulsory ID Cards:  <http://www.no2id.net/>

                Free Our Data:  <http://www.freeourdata.org.uk>