[uf-discuss] [citation]: Brian's outstanding issues 1: UID

Michael McCracken michael.mccracken at gmail.com
Mon Sep 25 14:58:12 PDT 2006

I just took a look through the citation-brainstorming page to see
what's next, and saw Brian (Suda?)'s list of outstanding issues from a
while ago. I thought I'd start a thread of discussion for each, to see
if we can resolve them.

Issue one is how to mark up UIDs because there are so many
possibilities, and choosing just one is likely to limit adoption
severely.

I like Brian's suggestion to use a type class to denote what type of
UID it is while avoiding a huge list of new class names.

href="http://dx.doi.org/stuff">...</a></span>

It seems like this need for a typed value recurs elsewhere, and a good
solution could become another useful design pattern for microformats
in general.
Is there a better way to do this kind of thing?

Cheers,
-mike

--
Michael McCracken