[uf-discuss] Wiki editing issues

brian suda brian.suda at gmail.com
Wed Sep 27 02:59:50 PDT 2006

Andy Mabbett wrote:
> Finally (from me, for now), I've had an e-mail from someone wanting to
> comment on the "species" proposal, saying:
>
>         I've just tried creating an account on the microformats site so
>         that I can join in with the discussion, but whenever I try to
>         sign up, I get a message telling me 'You have not specified a
>         valid user name'. I've tried various permutations without any
>         luck. Did you have any trouble when signing up?
>
> and, indeed I did - and couldn't figure out why the user name I wanted
> to use was not being accepted.

The Microformats Wiki runs on Media Wiki, so some of these weird
editting problems are out of our hands (not sure which version we are
running and if there is an upgrade? - i don't think we did much
customization?)

As for creating accounts. You UserName has to be CamelCase[1], there
should be a note about it on the sign-up page, it is on the FAQs, *Any
Suggestions about how to make it more visible* are certainly welcome?

[1] - http://microformats.org/wiki/faq#wiki_specific_questions