[uf-discuss] Microformats in Form Fields

Ben Ward lists at ben-ward.co.uk
Thu Sep 28 03:58:18 PDT 2006

Hello list, just a quick point for discussion:

Lets say you have a personal registration form in your web app, for
entering contact data which will later be output as an hCard in
various places.

What if I was to mark up the form (and fields) with hCard classes?
Good idea? Bad idea? I strikes me that it could be useful for auto-
complete applications, but not sure if it would ‘pollute’ the web
with effectively a useless/empty hCard when the form is published.

Opinions?

Ben