[uf-discuss] Microformats in Form Fields

Ben Ward lists at ben-ward.co.uk
Thu Sep 28 05:08:21 PDT 2006

Frances Berriman wrote:
> Did
> you see Drews demo of that with openID?  It didn't require the forms
> to use the microformat class names or anything.

Yeah, I've seen Drew's excellent auto-fill demo and had a couple of
conversations with him about combining that with OpenID. This isn't
so much about providing my own custom µf autofill as part of the web
app (yet ;-) ), which would of course understand my bespoke form
arrangement. It's more about putting the classnames in place that a
separate tool, browser or bookmarklet could provide a more accurate/
powerful autofill than the guesswork based autofills we have at the
moment.

On 28 Sep 2006, at 12:53, Ciaran McNulty wrote:
> The problem is that under most uF parsing rules, <input> elements'
> @value will not be used to determine their content.  However, a
> <textarea> would be parsable as you'd expect.

That could be resolved by adding a new design pattern for input
elements.

Ben