[uf-discuss] copy-and-paste metadata prior art?

Bruce D'Arcus bdarcus.lists at gmail.com
Sat Sep 30 09:27:54 PDT 2006

On 9/30/06, Chris Messina <chris.messina at gmail.com> wrote:

> Not exactly copy paste, but I think that this patent definitely ought
> be challenged (or else the future of mF is indeed imperiled if Apple
> chooses to enforce this -- as it surely will).

Right, and not just microformats, but the next generation of smenatic
web-like data functionality in general. That we cannot now easily
copy-and-paste metadata with content ought to be a temporary
limitation.

Another example of what's wrong with patents in this country, but I'd
like to proactively head it off  so it doesn't get approved.

Bruce