[uf-discuss] hAtom - proposed move from draft to full spec

Scott Reynen scott at randomchaos.com
Wed Apr 11 07:41:54 PDT 2007

On Apr 11, 2007, at 4:49 AM, Brian Suda wrote:

> i'll try and get a full list of outstanding issues available. I
> believe that we need to flush out the test suite and compare several
> implementations. At the moment we have atleast 2 that i am aware of
> (maybe hKit too?).
>
> I think it is a matter for the Authors of the spec to suggest moving
> the spec from draft forward when they feel comfortable - maybe they
> are more aware of issues than others?

I think authors being more aware of issues than others is exactly why
it shouldn't be only authors suggesting a move from draft to spec.
Open issues should be clearly documented in the wiki where everyone
can help resolve them.  If they're not clearly documented, the
Authors who know about the issues aren't likely to put them in the
wiki until the need becomes clear with someone unfamiliar saying "I
don't see any open issues. Time to move to spec?"  It seems the
process is working here exactly as intended, so I don't see why we
would change it.

Peace,
Scott