[uf-discuss] newbie post: hCalendar Event pricing with hCommerce?

Jonathan Schofield js at watershedcreative.com
Fri Apr 13 04:17:15 PDT 2007

I'm looking to set up an events listing service as part of a web project
for a parenting site. I've had a hunt around the hCalendar spec and can
find no references as to how one might add event pricing. Some events
would also have an age appropriate property. I guess the latter would
clearly fall into the realm of a custom span class, but there is a
strong case for standardising event pricing.

Many of the events I'd need to work with would have multiple prices for
children, parents, and concessions for pensioners, etc.

I note that Eric Meyer posted back in 2005 proposing an hCommerce spec
that one could embed inside hCalendar:
http://meyerweb.com/eric/thoughts/2005/05/18/getting-onto-the-calendar/.
This makes good sense to me, but I've not been able to find any evidence
that this has been taken forward. Have I missed something?

--
Jonathan Schofield