[uf-discuss] URLs in hrefs

Nic James Ferrier nferrier at tapsellferrier.co.uk
Mon Apr 23 03:11:41 PDT 2007

Michael Smethurst <Michael.Smethurst at bbc.co.uk> writes:

> I'm sure there are caveats for most of the above and I apologise for not
> spending my weekend fully researching them all
>
> But the question remains:
> Microformats aside, if I'm making a new website from scratch (no legacy
> code/markup) and I want to encourage others to hack, mashup, interwingle it
> with other data is it best to use /radio4 or http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4
> ?

Stop being sarcastic. I answered you.

If you want to make it really easy for all sorts of different
programmers to mashup then you'll put in full urls.

If that's not your number one priority (as it was perhaps with
twitter, say) then you should probably stick to relative uris.

--
Nic Ferrier
http://www.tapsellferrier.co.uk