[uf-discuss] Best practice for the abbr pattern

Dan Champion dan at revish.com
Fri Apr 27 23:04:14 PDT 2007

James Craig wrote:
> Dan Champion wrote:
>
>> Webadmin - Tenbus wrote:
>>>>
>>> Wikevent.org's got it right
>>> <http://wikevent.org/en/Joan_Armatrading_2007_5_7> we don't need
>>> evangelising ;-)
>>
>> Ditto for Revish -
>> http://www.revish.com/reviews/090613725X/danchamp/   :-)
>
> You guys are missing the point.

I'm well aware of the point of the broader discussion. You missed the
point of my post (and I imagine Spike's) which was to show some
immediate support for the interim suggestion that Tantek and others have
endorsed.

I felt it important to demonstrate that the discussion here is of some
practical consequence and is being listened to by those of us actively
promoting microformats in the field, and who are also painfully aware of
the accessibility issues: Bruce Lawson and I had a brief chat about
microformat "abuse" of abbr while he was (presumably) working with you
to highlight the issue.

> Do you talk that way?

Yes, actually. I'm not the most effective communicator in any space.

Let's not side-track the discussion though. As a solution emerges I will
continue to adopt it as I see fit, but will think twice about
publicising that effort through this channel.

Cheers,

Dan