[uf-discuss] changing abbr-design-pattern to title-design-pattern?

Absalom Media absalom at iinet.net.au
Sat Apr 28 19:26:23 PDT 2007

Jeremy,

> I'd be interested in hearing if anyone else feels as strongly as I
> do that the title-design-pattern is something that should codified
> as soon as possible. I'd be even more interested in hearing if
> there's anybody, like Tantek, who feels that it's a bad idea... or
> to be more accurate, who feels that the practical benefits don't
> outweigh the semantic purity.

+1 for title-design-pattern

Although in all my testing on this issue, the date-time-pattern still
announced the date correct (at least for hAtom, with dashes and colons)
in terms of screenreader testing (JAWS 8 at advanced verbosity, Window
Eyes 6 and Firevox).

I'm still somewhat confused as to why I've got different results than
the ones reported on the WASP post by Jon Gibbons.
http://dotjay.co.uk/tests/screen-readers/date-time/#test-microformats

Any ideas? Or should I raise this with WaSP?

Lawrence

--
Lawrence Meckan

Absalom Media