start wiki page(s) to document assistive technology, abbr results (was Re: [uf-discuss] changing abbr-design-pattern to title-design-pattern?)

Tantek Ç elik tantek at cs.stanford.edu
Sun Apr 29 13:35:58 PDT 2007

On 4/29/07 12:55 PM, "David Janes" <davidjanes at blogmatrix.com> wrote:

> On 4/28/07, Jeremy Keith <jeremy at adactio.com> wrote:
>> I'd be interested in hearing if anyone else feels as strongly as I do
>> that the title-design-pattern is something that should codified as
>> soon as possible. I'd be even more interested in hearing if there's
>> anybody, like Tantek, who feels that it's a bad idea... or to be more
>> accurate, who feels that the practical benefits don't outweigh the
>> semantic purity.
>
> Can we start a Wikipage, with the alternatives/variants and listing
> their advantages & disadvantages? If there isn't a pressing crisis:
> measure thrice, cut once. Also would be a better place to record votes
> than e-mails.

Agreed, and in fact, we need to get the research that the proposal(s) are
based on documented as well so that we make sure we are cutting precisely as
it were, rather than "eye balling it".

So first things first, please add to:

 http://microformats.org/wiki/assistive-technology

 http://microformats.org/wiki/assistive-technology-abbr-results

We need this research documented whether or not we consider any proposal(s),
but especially if, and it will be key to deciding what of each proposal is
necessary / based on evidence, and what is merely a recommendation that
seems like a good idea.

In addition, to be sure of the "practical benefits" that Jeremy references,
we need not only the proposals documented, but example test cases, and the
results of using assistive technologies with them.  Until then, such
"practical benefits" are purely hypothetical.  Let's make sure they're not
purely hypothetical.

Thanks,

Tantek