[uf-discuss] Blogger's hAtom Support

Kevin Marks kevinmarks at gmail.com
Mon Aug 6 02:23:41 PDT 2007

http://epeus.blogspot.com/2007/08/microformats-in-blogger-hatom-support.html

Those of you who read my blog directly, rather than via a feed-reader,
will notice that it is looking styled again, for the first time since
CSS Naked Day in April.

I made an initial conversion to hAtom by hand in the meantime, but a
few weeks back Michal Cierniak and I checked in a change to the
underlying Blogger templates to make hAtom the default, which the
Blogger team graciously accepted. This should enable much simpler
client-side parsing of the blog pages. One thing we had to do to
enable this was to add a new datatype to output a date in the W3C's
ISO-8601 profile, as expected by hAtom. If you look in the templates
now, you'll see markup like this:

<abbr class='published' expr:title='data:post.timestampISO8601'>
<data:post.timestamp/></abbr>

If you want to make your own hAtom friendly templates, you can use the
data:post.timestampISO8601 appropriately in the date-time design
pattern; the data:post.timestamp will reflect your personal formatting
preferences as before.

go to blogpost for links