[uf-discuss] Combining hCard and hCalendar

Scott Reynen scott at randomchaos.com
Mon Aug 6 06:39:19 PDT 2007

On Aug 6, 2007, at 7:04 AM, Peter Bremer wrote:

> I've got a table that lists a number of events and their organisers.
> I'd like to include both hCalendars for the events, and hCards for the
> organisers.
>
> Since each event is listen along with its organiser in a table row,
> I've given CLASS="vcard vevent" to the TR. However, now I notice some
> of the hCard and hCalendar attributes clash, especially "url" in my
> case. The url is only meant to be included in the hCalendar, not in
> the hCard.
>
> How should I handle this case where hCards and hCalendars are mixed
> together, without getting conflicting attributes?

Do you have a live URL we can look at?  Ideally you'd have
class="vcard organizer" within the vevent rather than class="vcard
vevent", limiting the scope of the hCard to the actual contact
information.  That can be more complex in tables, but it is
possible.  See:

http://microformats.org/wiki/hcalendar-
brainstorming#Tabular_event_calendars

Peace,