[uf-discuss] Micro Summary

Brian Suda brian.suda at gmail.com
Tue Aug 7 12:36:18 PDT 2007

On 8/7/07, Scott Reynen <scott at randomchaos.com> wrote:
> On Aug 7, 2007, at 9:19 AM, Paul Kinlan wrote:
>
> > I am thinking of using "META description" for now (but I am not sure
> > of the quality of data in the tag), however, I have been looking at
> > micro-summary (http://microformats.org/wiki/microsummary-
> > brainstorming).
> >  Is this topic still alive?  Has anyone been developing this?  Are
> > there any other similar developments (that I have missed)?

--- some of this has been sucked-up into hAtom. If you blog is
marked-up with hAtom, then each entry could possibly contain a
class="entry-summary". On individual permalink pages, this could serve
as an excellent summary of that page.

I would also look into reusing some of the existing microformats as
well. hAtom might solve what you are looking for. Since rel-tag is
used in conjunction with hAtom, you could extract the entry-summary to
associate with those tags. If the tag is inside an hCard or hCalendar,
then you could extract the SUMMARY or FN from those. Instead of
looking for something in the page to tell you what it is about, what
about in context to the rel-tag? if it is inside other microformats,
then you can use the existing semantics of those formats to glean
summary information.

-brian

--
brian suda