[uf-discuss] Simple solution to abbr-D-P accessibility concerns: 'Title Trigger'

Jeremy Keith jeremy at adactio.com
Fri Aug 17 04:22:12 PDT 2007

Andy Mabbett wrote:
> Use a class name; say "ufusetitle" (for "microformat, use title") or
> something equally unlikely to otherwise occur in the wild, on any
> element, to trigger the use of the title attribute.

But now the class attribute contains an instruction rather than a
description of the enclosed contents. This feels like an abuse of the
class attribute to me.

> It strikes me as simple, easy to learn, easy to author and easy for
> parsers to adapt to.

I'm not so sure it is that simple. It also feels like it's aimed at
making life easier for parsers at the expense of publishers (although
that is also kind of true of the abbr design pattern too).

Bye,

Jeremy

--
Jeremy Keith