[uf-discuss] iPhone Developer Meeting in Berkeley w/ focus onMicroformats

Farndon, Tony tony.farndon at forestry.gsi.gov.uk
Wed Aug 22 07:10:41 PDT 2007

Being in the UK, it is hard to get excited or quite understand
everything iPhone - I'm not an iPhone basher trawling, merely sitting on
the fence. A few questions banding about my head over this:

In essence, are you saying lets produce a microformat that describes
webpages written for Safari (iPhone version)?

By extrapolation, is it therefore acceptable to discuss a microformat
that describes webpages written for IE5.5?

microformat principles:

* solve a specific problem - What's the problem here?
* design for humans first, machines second - This to mean seems all
about the machine?

Would this be the first microformat that is specifically written for a
specific browser, operating system and piece of hardware?

Tony