[uf-discuss] Geo precision

Ben Ward lists at ben-ward.co.uk
Mon Aug 27 03:41:35 PDT 2007

On 27 Aug 2007, at 01:19, Michael MD wrote:
> I remember some discussion a while back about "fuzzy" locations ..
> but I
> can't remember if anything was worked out.

No, nothing got worked out of that one.

Since then the only additional information I've found is that Flickr
stores accuracy (as an integer) based on the zoom level of the map
when you place a photo. In fact, if you zoom all the way out and
place a photo you'll get a notice warning you that the location is
too approximate and the photograph won't show up at higher zoom levels.

I'll see if I can find out what the range of accuracy numbers is, and
what scale they correspond to.

Ben