[uf-discuss] hResume - notes on creation and some feedback wanted

Ciaran McNulty mail at ciaranmcnulty.com
Wed Aug 29 02:15:18 PDT 2007

Hi all,

I've just published an hResume here:
http://ciaranmcnulty.com/cv

I'd appreciate any comments about the markup.  Operator seems happy
with it but I've not tried with any other consumers.

Are there any active hResume aggregators I could submit it to?

Some notes on my experiences of marking it up:

1. Overall, with an existing knowledge of hCard and hCalendar, marking
up a CV as hResume is very straightforward.

2. Thinking of places to link to to add rel-tag links is problematic -
at the moment I suspect people will err on the side of not using
rel-tag

3. A very common element in CVs is a list of skills and years
experience with that skill.  Current skill markup is rel-tag which
doesn't encapsulate this, so it may be an area to look at.

4. I've seen this discussed before without resolution - there doesn't
seem to be a way of marking up 'the present' as a finish date for an
experience vevent.

-Ciaran McNulty