[uf-discuss] hResume - notes on creation and some feedback wanted

Brian Suda brian.suda at gmail.com
Wed Aug 29 09:26:43 PDT 2007

On 8/29/07, Ciaran McNulty <mail at ciaranmcnulty.com> wrote:
> I think your message has crossed with my reply to Ted  - this isn't on
> the faq page because it's an existing issue on the hresume-issues
> page.
>
> I've no objection to leaving off dtend as a solution but I think it
> would need to be added to the hResume spec as a departure from iCal.

--- yes, we did just miss messages. According to the RFC an event
without a DTEND is to be treated as a 1 day event.

I also looked into DURATION as a possible solution, but that is no
different than constantly updating a DTEND. It would somehow still be
tied to a specific instance of the page. so i could uses now() and
have a server-side script generate the current date, but as things got
exported it would be frozen into the exported file as that date.

If an imaginary value of "present" were invented, then parsers would
probably do the same thing can take the current date() and save that
out to the file, otherwise DTEND:present wouldn't be a valid .ics
file.

this will take some thought. At the moment i think the easiest
solution is to either leave off DTEND or add it in programiatically
with the now()

feel free to document the options on the hreusme-issues page in more
detail and any possible solutions (if any)

-brian

--
brian suda
http://suda.co.uk