[uf-discuss] hCite status and next steps

Jason Calabrese mail at jasoncalabrese.com
Fri Aug 31 13:17:13 PDT 2007

I'm going to be using hCite in 1 of the products that I work on.

Since it will be only used interally for now I'm not going to wait for it to
become a recommended specification.  I do plan to stay current though.

It looks like there are 3 primary issues now.

1) Identifiers
2) Types/Formats
3) Nesting

We're going use the uid class with nested type/id elements for identifiers.
For my use the type/format and citation nesting aren't needed so I'm going to
ignore them for now.

Are there any other open issues?  What is being done to resolve the issues?
Let me know how I can help.

-Jason