[uf-discuss] Jeremy's inline friend link pattern

Paul Wilkins pmw57 at xtra.co.nz
Fri Dec 7 11:32:04 PST 2007

On Dec 8, 2007 2:22 AM, Jeremy Keith <jeremy at adactio.com> wrote:
> However, I don't think that every use of the CITE element *requires*
> an accompanying citation (using Q or BLOQCKQUOTE). I think that Scott
> is write when he says that context is the key criteria:

The CITE element doesn't require that the citation be explicitly
marked up, but there has to be a citation of some form for the CITE
element to be involved.

This is right:
defined in formal specifications that were developed and published
throughout the 1990s.</p>

This is wrong:

The above examples are explicit examples that the specifications give
to help teach you right from wrong.
You will need to convince the working group that created the
specifications otherwise, before your desired use is to be considered
right.

--
Paul Wilkins