[uf-discuss] is job-listing a kind of hlisting?

Scott Reynen scott at randomchaos.com
Mon Dec 17 16:03:00 PST 2007

On Dec 17, 2007, at 4:14 PM, Klaus Mueller wrote:

> do you also think
> http://microformats.org/wiki/job-listing
>
> is or should be a kind or defined undergroup of
> http://microformats.org/wiki/hlisting
> ?

It was at one point.  I split it off on the "solve a specific problem"
principle.  Other than the word "listing," there's very little in
common between a job listing and, say, a  computer for sale.  Labeling
a salary with "price" isn't really accurate, and most of what you'd
want to describe about a job in hListing is that same kind of jamming
information into a field where it doesn't really belong.  But I'm no
longer working with job listings, so my opinion isn't particularly
relevant anymore.

Peace,
Scott