[uf-discuss] ann: SCRuF

Martin McEvoy martin at weborganics.co.uk
Thu Dec 27 08:28:11 PST 2007

On Thu, 2007-12-27 at 14:44 +0000, André Luís wrote:
> Very interesting! Well done.
Thanks :)

> One question, though. I know that, by definition, xsl works only for
> xml documents, but I was wondering if there was a way of using your
> work with 100% valid html strict documents? Apart from trying to
> render an xhtml version of the document (tidy?), there isn't, right?

SCRuF only works on valid xhtml so you shouldn't have any problems

The important thing is you include a link in the <head> of your document
to your transformation url eg:
<link rel="transformation"
href="http://dev.weborganics.co.uk/xsl/hcard2rdf.xsl" />

which will transform all hcards found on a given page to vcard-rdf
http://www.w3.org/TR/vcard-rdf

there is another service connected to SCRuF for users who cant edit
their Xhtml where you can select a style-sheet on the fly called Masher.

http://dev.weborganics.co.uk/index2.html

Thanks

Martin