[uf-discuss] hMood/hPresence?

Frances Berriman fberriman at gmail.com
Thu Feb 1 04:13:18 PST 2007

On 01/02/07, Goix Laurent Walter <laurentwalter.goix at telecomitalia.it> wrote:

> Anyway, the suggestion of using tags for representing mood is the least that we can do, but it's very hard to hook up to semantics and know that "happy" actually means that the blogger felt "happy". Using the href as way of representing semantics is a very loose approach since it means that all should use the same link (that somehow represents a concept semantically), which is quite hard to achieve,

On a philosophical note - that assumes your experience of happy is my
experience of happy. :)

And yeah, I agree, it is hard to achieve.  But for the specific
problem of "mood", an ultimately objective topic, I think the
ambiguity of the actual meaning of a specific mood is acceptable.

Although, I think I missed your point first time I read it, so going
back to the topic at hand - would something like <a
href="yoururl/happy" rel="tag mood">happy</a> be better?

--
Frances Berriman
http://fberriman.com