[uf-discuss] Re: Moderation & Governance

Dr. Ernie Prabhakar drernie at opendarwin.org
Fri Feb 2 08:53:09 PST 2007

Hi Joe,

On Feb 2, 2007, at 8:22 AM, Joe Andrieu wrote:
> Third, although few people like a gadfly, it appears that my
> efforts are
> making some sort of difference, as evidenced by the IRC above and
> changes to the wiki. Following Ben's argument, all evidence
> suggests my
> opposition is "working".
>
> That said, I do take your criticisms to heart and will make an
> effort to
> be more diplomatic.  I think there is an opportunity for uF to thrive.
> It is instead alienating, based on feedback I've received, not only
> from
> Andy, and not only through this list. We can do better.

I do welcome your efforts to be a gadfly, and I welcome even more
your commitment to be more diplomatic. :-)

I also encourage people to post suggestions/votes/data on the
relevant wiki pages, to help push us towards a constructive solution:

* http://microformats.org/wiki/faq#Q:_Who_controls_microformats.3F
* http://microformats.org/wiki/issues#Governance_Issues

I would also like to revive the idea of a "meta-discuss" list to
handle governance and other non-technical issues.  This appears to be
off-topic for the current wiki page on mailing lists for new
micorformats: