[uf-discuss] Introduction, and announcing XFN and HCard import into Videntity.org

Dan Libby danda at videntity.org
Wed Feb 7 09:41:53 PST 2007

On Tuesday 06 February 2007 19:50, Scott Reynen wrote:
> On Feb 6, 2007, at 1:56 PM, Dan Libby wrote:
> >  This has likely already been discusssed, but
> > I think that some standard parsing classes in various languages
> > could help
> > pave the way for other implementors.  If such exists for PHP, I would
> > appreciate a pointer.
>
> Hi Dan,
>
> See hKit:
>
> http://allinthehead.com/hkit

Oh yeah, I forgot about HKit for parsing HCards.  I initially tried it, but I
found that it was only giving me one telephone or address type, even if
multiple types were listed. This made it impossible to distinguish between
eg: Home Fax and Work Fax.  So instead I ended up using the X2V XSLT
stylesheet which converts to VCard format, and then using the VCard parser
from PEAR.  This seems to preserve all fields correctly.

> See also the -dev list, where most of the parsing discussion takes
> place:

Ok.  I'll post over there if any other issues come up. thx.

Dan Libby
http://videntity.org