[uf-discuss] Vote on this: rel="me self" to indicate an authoritative hCard

Ryan Cannon ryan at ryancannon.com
Wed Feb 7 13:44:22 PST 2007

On Feb 7, 2007, Ryan King wrote:
> 2. We have prior art that is being ignored. Publishers are already
> using <a class="url uid" ...>...</a> to do this.

However, UID is not a field that takes a URL for its value, just a
string, so therefore:

<a class="url uid" href="http://ryancannon.com/">Ryan</a>

Should be parsed as

UID: Ryan

Right?

So while UID seems like the right value to use, according to my
reading of the spec, UID has to sit in visible text, and could be any
sort of number--like an American social security number or a mobile
phone number with country code--both of those are usually globally
unique individual identifiers.

--
Ryan Cannon

Interactive Developer