Vote on this: rel="me self" to indicate an authoritative hCard {was: Re: [uf-discuss] Authoritative hCards [was RE: Canonical hCards (was: Search on CSS element)]}

Ryan King ryan at technorati.com
Wed Feb 7 14:34:12 PST 2007

On Feb 7, 2007, at 12:50 PM, David Janes wrote:

> On 2/7/07, Ryan King <ryan at technorati.com> wrote:
>> Yes there are several problems:
>>
>> 1. XFN applies to whole pages. This means that you can't reliably put
>> different people's hCards on the same page and do this.
>>
>> 2. We have prior art that is being ignored. Publishers are already
>> using <a class="url uid" ...>...</a> to do this.
>>

>> I apologize for being late to this discussion, but I think it's off
>> track and we need to correct things a bit.
>>

> Sure. Show us how it works with the original real-world case I
> provided -- i.e. your hCard on microformats.org blog, pointing to your
> home page, using your /contacts hcard as your authoritative hCard.

On mf.org:

<address class="author vcard"><a class="url uid fn" href="http://
theryanking.com/">Ryan</a></address>

at http://theryanking.com/:

<address class="vcard">This site is the work of <a href="http://
theryanking.com/blog/contact/#vcard" class="fn uid url">Ryan King</
a></address>

-ryan
--
Ryan King