[uf-discuss] hMedia microformat proposal

Brian Suda brian.suda at gmail.com
Thu Feb 8 08:45:51 PST 2007

On 2/8/07, Chris Newell <chris.newell at rd.bbc.co.uk> wrote:
> >Firstly, we have a new mailing list for new formats:
>
> Apologies.
>
> I've also found there is a "Media Info" microformat proposal that encompasses this requirement but has greater overall scope. It looks like it could be a major task.

--- not a problem, the list is less than 24 hours old, so the next few
proposals to this list will need to be coraled to the new list. Older
format suggestions that never gaimed much tractions, such as "Media
Info" should be discussed to the new list as well.

> Thanks - this is all useful. However TYPE can't convey all the information needed such as bit-rate.

You are correct. These are things that need to be gathered from
real-world examples. Bit-rate might be important for you and me, but
in the real-world enviornment as long as RSS readers
download/display/play-back the files the average joe doesn't really
care about the bit-rate.

I think once we take this concept to the new list we can step this
concept through the microformats-process. One of the first steps
before creating a new proposal is to implement them yourself and to do
as much with the existing formats and HTML semantics. Then if there
are problems that can NOT be solved we can discuss them and see where
to go from there.

I think we should move this dicussion to the new list and continue it there.

-brian

--
brian suda
http://suda.co.uk